This course from the American Heart Association has been updated to reflect new science based on the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online is a self-directed course that uses interactive lessons and videos to teach you comprehensive First Aid, CPR, and AED knowledge. This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Adult choking
- Child CPR and AED use (optional)
- Infant CPR (optional)
- Child choking (optional)
- Infant choking (optional)
CPR instruction includes high-quality compressions, airway management, breathing, and how to use a mask.
First Aid instruction includes bandaging, bleeding, wounds, choking, shock, seizure, fainting, broken bones, sprains, burns, bites, stings, poison, and temperature-related conditions, to name a few.
Once you begin the course, you’ll have access to the online lessons, videos, manuals and resources for 2 years! And you can start and stop the course at your convenience until you have finished it at your own pace.
Successful completion of the full Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course includes three (3) parts:
- Part 1, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED online course
- Part 2, a hands-on skills practice session with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor within 60 days
- Part 3, a hands-on skills test with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor within 60 days
After you successfully complete all 3 parts, you will receive an AHA Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.